Friday, February 27, 2009

2000

Things were going good by the beginning of 2000 he decided that he would take me away for a weekend for my birthday and he took me to some hotel in Jersey not sure what part of Jersey we were in. He came that Friday night and picked me up from the Bronx and we drove to the place. We had a good time that weekend and Sunday morning we got up and he drove me home because he had to do something for his mother. Well after that weekend you could say we got really serious. I thought he was really sweet.

On our First year anniversary I should have known that he had a bad temper. We had plans to meet up go eat and go and see a Yankee game but I got home a little later than I expected. I called him to let him know and he said it was ok. I guess it was because I was with a friend. I called him and he came and picked me and my friend from the train station he dropped her off and he was cool while she was in the car, as soon as she got out and we got to my building it was a different story. He started yelling and screaming and talking about he threw my gift off the bridge into the water and how he was going to drive his truck into the wall and how he didn’t care blah blah blah. I was in “LOVE” and I just couldn’t understand how he could just flip out like that. He ended up leaving and all I could do was sit on the curve and cry until my sister came down stairs and got me. Still to this day I think back and say I should have left him then.

Later on that year we went on a trip to Disney World, I guess we had an ok time but, that’s where I noticed that he was abnormally cheap. We were in one of the parks forgot which one it was but you can buy a big ass Turkey leg and I wanted one and he was like no why do u want to buy that. It was another day that I wore the wrong shoes to the theme park and my feet was killing me and I wanted to buy some grinch yes I said the grinch slippers and he say why waste money on those slippers and I walked around the park with my feet killing me so bad that I ended up taking off my shoes and walking bare foot in the park. I feel that when you go away you should have a good time and live in the moment well lets just say we didn’t. I guess I just always pictured it different, that was the first time that I went away with a guy.

That’s about the same time I met his family. He invited me over to his house one weekend in the summer. He was still living at home with his parents, but at this time he was telling me that he was paying rent to stay there but I know now that they would never take any money from him. He also met my family. I would go over to his family’s house for Christmas, Thanksgiving or whenever they were celebrating something. Everything was going great. I started going over to his house more often and we would hang out over there and he would take me back to the Bronx. I mean I used to work at Mickey D’s overnight shift and he would come and wait for me to get off of work…he would sit in the parking lot till I got off at 6am. I left Mickey D’s in early November due the fact that the owner sold the restaurant and I didn’t want to stay. I got a job working part time in UPS. I worked in the factory in Queens so there were a lot of guys that worked there and one day this guy tried to talk to me. I told the guy I had a man and that was that. Now when I got home later that night I told him about the guy and he was like I don’t want u working there anymore. I will give u money every week. I thought about it and said okay and I quit the next day back then I guess I thought like wow my man wants to take care of me. But really he just wanted control.

No comments:

Post a Comment